Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter and spring break

Our kids always get the Friday before Easter, and the entire following week off for Spring Break. This year we took the motorhome out for one night on the weekend and because we missed the local egg hunt, the Easter Bunny brought the eggs to the campsite!

It took Tanner a minute to figure it out but he caught on quickly and has been saying "candy" pretty consistently ever since.


We made the big kids wait inside for a minute until Tanner figured out what he was doing. They were hovering like vultures...

I know the grocery bags are super trashy (ha) but we were in the motorhome and it was all we had...

Don't you love watching your kids discover things for the first time? It just doesn't lose its novelty, even when it's discovering something as simple (or unhealthy) as Easter candy.

We spent several hours at the beach, where each of the kids did their own thing and had a lot of fun. The weather was gorgeous. Nice...considering all the rain we've had lately. Tyler is so different from Emma and Tanner. He is so fun, and I have learned to just "go with it" with him...and he's much happier in his very own element.


Here is our traditional Easter picture in front of our bright pink azeaelas. I stuck Tanner there and told him to say "cheese" and he did! Maybe we're past the screaming for pictures stage...? I sure love his face. And all of their faces! The fact that his face was even clean is a reason to celebrate. And...you can't tell me this isn't the sweetest picture.

I taught the lesson in YW that day and treasured the hours I got to spend preparing. I made up booklets for everyone about the last week of the Savior's life (events, etc.), split into the different days. We also showed some of the church's new Bible videos, and because some of the girls recognized someone in those videos it kept their interest even more.

Rain has kinda dictated our week. We went to the beach again on Monday, during the one clear/warm-ish day. It is pure heaven to let your kids out onto the huge sandy playground, where they are happy and entertained for hours. We took a risk and headed to a mostly-outdoors discovery museum yesterday (and stayed dry! - phew)...the target age was probably about 2-5 so no one had the fabulous time I was envisioning. Tomorrow we finish off the week with an indoor pool/waterslide trip. I love having these kids home...it makes my job of entertaining Tanner so much easier. And they are so enjoyable! Can't wait for summer!

7 comments:

GHFamily said...

Cute picture! Your little guy has white hair, white!

Jen said...

Great photo! Our spring break is next week. . . maybe we should head to the beach too. :)

hales said...

Such cute kids!

Misty said...

Yes, that Easter picture is cute! We had a relatively successful picture ourself. The. We tried to get one outside and Bryce got dumped on his head (not far) which quickly ended the picture taking. Haha!

I'm glad you've been enjoying spring break!!!!

Natalie N said...

Oh my word. FRAME that last picture!!!!!! ADORABLE!!! :)

Janene said...

our easter eggs were gathered into ziploc bags at my sister's house in denver. :o) It works

House of Tong said...

I know I'm almost a month late to comment but I almost didn't believe it that Tanner didn't scream/cry/run during this photo op! ha