Wednesday, April 25, 2012

emma's talk

*I just found this in my drafts but want to publish it, even though it is now 6 months later...

Spencer will forever claim that the best Sunday of the year is the Primary Program Sunday.

Emma was asked to give a talk on forever families last October, for the primary program. She did fabulous, of course. Here it is:

Nine years ago my mom and dad got married in the temple.They were sealed, which means that we will all be together forever.  I was born, and then Tyler. My baby sister Macie died right before she was supposed to be born. It was really sad. But it would have been more sad if we didn’t know about Heavenly Father’s Plan of Salvation.We had lots of talks about how we will all be together again someday.

On the drive to the cemetery on the day of the funeral I started singing “My Life is a Gift.” Everyone in the car started crying. Our lives do have a purpose and began in heaven. I will live there again, with my entire family, including Macie.

I’m grateful that we can have families and be sealed to them in the temple. One day I will be married in the temple too.

The chapel was silent. I don't think I've had a prouder moment.

I know there is a hole in Emma's heart, longing for that little sister.  She told me a few weeks ago that it's ok if she doesn't have a baby sister...but then she asked for a fish instead. I love that girl of mine.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm on the verge of tears imagining that talk. Did you get her a fish? I think I'd be helpless to say no.

hales said...

So does that mean we're going fish shopping next week??
Great talk, Emma!

Candice said...

I am tearing up by just reading her talk, I can only imagine what I would be like if I heard it in person.

Kristina and Tyson said...

Aw! Sweet Emma! What a sweet spirit! Gosh, that got me for sure...love you guys :)...ALOT!

Steph and E said...

She is such an angel girl...