Thursday, December 29, 2011

The magic

I'm not gonna blog about all the barfing (you're welcome), all the lethargy, or even all the presents. Because what I want to remember from this Christmas is the pure magic. I don't know how long the magic will last, but I'm going to hold on to it as long as possible. I will give you one example that a few of us really enjoyed witnessing.

On Christmas Eve, as we left the house to see Christmas lights we had one really anxious little 6 year old boy who was so concerned we would miss Santa. We were even able to assure him that Santa was a safe distance away somewhere over the Atlantic (thanks NORAD), but he was still worried. As we flew under airplanes he at first would get anxious, but then would realize they were just airplanes and Santa was not coming yet. Later, as we drank hot chocolate and prepared to drive home he suddenly shouted "Look!" He ran to show us what was clearly Santa and his sleigh, red flashing light (nose) and all, flying quickly and silently through the sky. We were quiet as we watched it. Well, I should confess that I was watching Tyler. The look on his face was pricless. Tyler knew we had to get home; we ALL knew we had to get home.

What a fun thing Santa is; I love everything about him. I love how he no longer "tops" us in gifts, but leaves the fun stuff. I even love how Tanner pulls a face each time we talk about him. I mostly love that Santa came before all of us got sick.

2 comments:

hales said...

Great picture. Especially Tanner. "I have to pose for ANOTHER picture??"

Carly said...

After looking at Tyler's face even I was almost convinced that it was Santa. :)