Tuesday, November 30, 2010

elf time

Imagine our excitement when we got back from my parents' house to see this little guy waiting on our shelf. Emma, the little mommy that she is, made him a cozy bed and wrote lots of notes for him to take back to Santa.


Hermey's our favorite. And he's even on TV tonight!

He's gotten off to a slow start in terms of remembering to hide every night. I think we need to get a "hide rock" (like a prayer rock) and put it on his pillow. Because remembering at 3 a.m., and then scrambling and stumbling around, gets old real fast.

We're glad he's here for the next month. Let's just hope this I'm-tired-and-baby-still-wakes-up-a-lot-at-night mom can make her brain function enough to keep the Christmas magic going strong...

5 comments:

GHFamily said...

What a cute Emma!

Natalie N said...

Thank you for the reminder to get out our elf! :) I love that Emma made a bed for him. Too cute!

Jennifer Gerritsen said...

I need one of these!! It seems like the boys fight and act more naughty now that Christmas is approaching!

The Howard Bolton Family said...

I wish I had been that clever when I was younger. I am glad that your children are keeping the tradition alive.

Carly said...

"I want to be... a dentist."