Sunday, October 31, 2010

whew

I remember being a young(er) mom with two tiny kids and not much to do. I remember telling a friend that if I ever went anywhere it was a place where I had to spend money. I couldn't wait for those days to be over, and for my days to be filled with tons of things to do and places to go.

After this past week I wish so badly I could transport myself back 5 years so I could enjoy the non-busyness and could once again just be with my kids at home, playing, reading and singing songs all day. Between school, dance class, teaching art lessons, school meetings, church stuff, Macie's bday, a field trip, getting chewed out over email, a parade and being heavily involved in two Halloween parties, the only chances I had to sit down this week were when I was feeding Tanner.

But, my cute baby perfected his pout...


And I think it's pretty cute. And cute pout = spoiled baby.

And these three had, perhaps, the most fun non-Halloween ever.




We got a bounce house and had a party here. By the end of the night Tyler looked like he hadn't slept in days. Tanner missed out on jumping but he had lots of people to smile at. And cute Emma, wanting to "match" Tanner, decided to be a pumpkin princess. Love that girl.

Was it me or did October completely fly by? Oh well; Happy Halloween!

10 comments:

Carly said...

Oh my goodness, that close-up of Tanner in his pumpkin outfit is maybe my new favorite picture of him EVER! Beyond cute.

Melody said...

What a cute little pout. I would give him whatever he wanted with a face like that! And all of their costumes are darling.

The Rich Family said...

I love Tanner and Emma---that is such a sweet bond....glad your halloween was fun...we had a great one as well. Oh Tyler is so handsome. Miss you guys tons! Can't wait to get our little guys together.

jksfam said...

Cute pictures! You got chewed out by e-mail? Not nice!!!

House of Tong said...

This was a blast even without any kids of our own to participate in and play with all of cute dressed up little people! Idea: Bounce house for the adults? kidkid xoxo

GHFamily said...

That pout needs to be entered into a contest!

Melanie said...

All I can say is that I know what you mean. One of my co-workers 5 years ago told me how life is just going to get busier as they grow older. I didn't quite believe her. But I've decided that it's just a different kind of busy-ness now as they get older. I miss you and it was good to talk to you today-- BTW-- never got to officially say happy birthday to you for Macie. Glad you have Tanner this year to hold. Love ya!

Natalie N said...

That pout is unreal!! Love it and his cute little face.

Candice said...

That picture with all three of your kids in it, Tyler is smiling exactly like Spencer!!!

Kristina and Tyson said...

Yup, pretty sure I adores your kids! Oh and how could Tanner get any cuter!! My goodness, we miss you guys!