Friday, March 12, 2010

Legos

Photobucket
I don't have a bucket list. If I did, visiting Legoland would not be on that list. But I have a really cute boy who I knew would just eat it up. That, and Spencer's San Diego work schedule worked out perfectly for us all to go (for free, thank heavens. If I had to PAY $67 a person for THAT, I would not have been happy).
Photobucket
Legoland is a cute, creative little park that was probably all Tyler dreamed it would be (maybe Emma too). I like big scary rides so it wasn't necessarily up my alley. There was one "fun" looking rollercoaster the kids had no interest in. I think that after our Disneyland experience last fall, they will never trust me again. But, they drove Lego cars to their hearts' content. They went down big slides, rode on Lego horses, and drove Lego boats. Walking out at the end of the day I didn't have that Aww, I can't wait to come back feeling. I was just tired and glad to be leaving. Don't get me wrong - we had a great time. But I must admit I was thinking, Phew, I never have to come back here again.
Photobucket
But a few days later I found out I have a little boy inside me. And here we go again. Maybe I will be back.
(And seriously, isn't Tyler the cutest? I am beyond thrilled to have another little one of him.)

So far the baby looks just perfect. There might be some minor complications with me, however. I guess I selfishly feel like I "deserve" to have a completely smooth pregnancy, but am still hoping for the best. I think I'll stay a little quiet about all of this for the next few months--surely you understand--but would appreciate any happy thoughts you can send my way!! And, now we'll be "even" - 2 and 2, a dream for my little logical kindergartner. She knew it was a boy because we had to "keep the pattern."

20 comments:

jksfam said...

Congratulations! I hope you are okay! Definitely sending happy thoughts (and more...!). We never went to Legoland. I think it would have been similar - fun for the kids, not as much for me.

Kim said...

Congratulations! I hope things go okay for you - I've had some BP issues with this one, but luckily everything's going smoothly at the moment.

Sending happy thoughts and prayers your way! :)

April said...

YEAH I've been wondering since you told me you were pregnant how things were. So you much be kind of far? I hope its going ok. If you want to talk/chat anytime tamaw@msn.com. I too had 2 wonderful pregnancies, with Hudson and Ruby, and well unfortunately not with Harrison (don't want to bring that up however because of the outcome, I'm sure you'll be fine). But now I am back to a normal pregnancy which I am grateful for. So excited for you. Good luck and you'll be in our prayers. I understand what your going through so wonderful to be pregnant again but so hard not to fear the worst. Trent and I just say we can breath once he's home with use, only 10 weeks to go, YEAH!

Kylee said...

Congrats!! That is exciting Cheri, and yes...Tyler is wonderful, so how fun to have another boy. I hope that things go well for you and your sweet baby boy. I understand not wanting to write much about it, too. How exciting, though!

Mark and Kim said...

Yeah, legoland isn't too much fun for adults. I do have some great memories of going to Knott's with you though! I'll never forget Montezuma's revenge or the hammerhead (?) ride. And so excited for you having another boy! Hope it goes smoothly and quickly!

Amy said...

For real?!?! Way to keep a secret silly!!! :) So happy for you!! Hope all goes well.

GHFamily said...

Mom (Dorothy) told us your good news today at lunch. We go to the temple weekly and from this point on, Cheri's name is going on the prayer roll!
We love you!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. You'll be in my prayers.

Lisa R.D. said...

YAY!!! Can you see me doing a happy dance all the way over here?!?!?

I was expecting to read your post and feel a twinge of jealousy--not that I WANT to go to Legoland, but because I know it would Coleman's dream world. I got through the Lego stuff thinking, meh... we can wait to get there...

...and then! Hooray! You definitely deserve a great pregnancy, smooth sailing all the way. I'll be praying for you!

(Still doing the happy dance...)

Rachel said...

Congratulations to you guys! I'm really excited for you. I do think you deserve to have a smooth pregnancy as well after all you've been through. I will keep you in my prayers. And, I loved Emma's "logic"--that is too funny. I'm glad her logic worked out. :)

jonna said...

Okay, seriously Cheri, your trip was totally worth it just so you could get that aDORable photo of everyone on the wavy slide! i LOVE tyler & emma's expressions!! (Dad's is pretty great, too!)

And...YaY! Now we'll have TWO little Tylers running around our neighborhood. Won't we all be blessed!

Many prayers and much love from two doors down!

The Rich Family said...

I am jealous of the LegoLand trip. I heard it is awesome for this age of kids----KIDS, being the operative word. I am so excited for us to have 2 cousin boys---yeah!!!@!!! you are in our prayers on already on the roll of the Las Vegas temple.

Natalie N said...

Woo-hoo! Another little Tyler running around. That WILL be exciting!! :)

And thanks for the tips on Legoland. Since I am NOT a roller-coaster person, this place sounds like just the place for me. :) Whitney, however, may not be very impressed. She loved the huge rides at Disneyland.

I'm so glad you got to take Tyler (FOR FREE!!!!) to his dreamland. What a great trip for the kids!! :) And great pictures, as always.

You take care. We're keeping you in our prayers. xoxo

The Reichmans said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you and I always get emotional when I read your blog-I always get teary eyed-maybe because I want a baby and haven't been able to have one this second time around, but more I think it is joy for you. I am so happy for you and that the baby looks wonderful. You DO deserve a smooth pregnancy and I hope you start feeling better soon. congrats again.

Benjamin Gerritsen said...

I have been wondering what Legoland was like! If we ever go on vacation, I will try hard to have a skip there! And so many prayers for you and your family to have a wonderful pregnancy and to see that little guy in your arms! Congratulations!!

Kristin Ann said...

my husbands been wanting to go to legoland since we started dating (i secretly brush the thought away) and it looks pretty fun, i may have to check it out sometime :) and congratulations on the new baby! I wish you a very easy and smooth pregnancy!!

Matt and Christen said...

Congratulations! Praying for you to trust that God is in control. So excited!

Jen said...

Sending happy thoughts your way, Cheri. :)

Jamie said...

Very nice pictures.

Congratulations and good luck. I'll be thinking of you.

Janalee said...

Oh Cheri (and Spencer) we are so excited for you!! That was the cutest way ever to announce it. I had to re-read it several times to make sure I was reading what I thought I was reading!! :) Congrats...