Sunday, November 29, 2009

thankful

I am thankful for my parents and my sister, and am thankful they're not too far away to join us for our first Thanksgiving in our house.

I am thankful I have an awesome little brother on a mission in a really cool place, and hope some of the blessings are filtering up to me.

I am thankful for little Macie, and that I get to think of her often. I am thankful that she makes me be a better person, in a way no one else could. I am thankful for everything she reminds me of. I am thankful for the rest of my family that I get to live with: Tyler, who is a ray of sunshine, Emma, who is wise beyond her years, and Spencer, who totally balances me out.

I am thankful for heaters, washing machines, garbage disposals and hand sanitizer. For Cadbury chocolate, goldfish, homemade pizza, paint, crafts, and cute Christmas cards.

And...he's baaaack! I am thankful for Hermey, who makes my kids just a smidge more pleasant. Now if he can get on the ball and remember to hide every night. So far I'm (I mean, he's) 0 for 3 and I need to do a better job at helping him or at making up excuses for him...

And I really want to find my favorite flip flops (2 1/2 years old) because I would really like to be thankful for them again.

7 comments:

The Howard Bolton Family said...

Oh, how you make my heart happy. I am thankful for you. I am glad that the Lord blessed my life, by allowing you and your wonderful family to live in our area for such a short time. You are one of my favorite women!

Jen said...

We have a special elf too--assuming that Hermey is a special elf, but ours in named Mr. Peeps. He comes out on Dec. 1st though.

What grateful things to be thankful for.

Carly said...

Oh no! Did the flip flops get lost in the move?

Cheri said...

No, they got lost sometime this week.

GHFamily said...

You're going to have to post pictures of the flip flops once you find them.

Natalie N said...

Great list of things to be thankful for. How fun to have a first Thanksgiving in your new home! And good luck with Hermey this month... thanks for the reminder. Our little elf should be coming sometime tonight! ;)

jen said...

i'm so glad you have a blog! this is a sweet post...so refreshing and inspiring. xoxo