Sunday, October 12, 2008

Girl's weekend/Boy's weekend

The boys took off for Utah this weekend for some "recruiting" (I still can't believe a football game classifies as recruiting) so Emma and I got to have our girl's weekend! Too bad I'm such a lump and wasn't as fun as I might have been if I wasn't 8 months pregnant.

We finished Tyler's Christmas shopping (Emma's is about done too!) and browsed through Costco. I let her sleep in my bed with me. While I did some Prop 8 work on Saturday morning, our Bishop and his wife watched her. Then we did lunch at Red Lobster, as Emma has been asking to eat there for a year but neither of us had ever been. And as much as she was hyped up about it, I think she might take after her dad in the seafood department. Broiled fish, what she wanted, isn't the yummiest pick. My crab linguine was all right, but I won't be going back there most likely! After that we were pretty wiped so we chilled and watched the chilly-looking football game. Tyler got spoiled by his aunt and her roomates and Spencer bought him lots of goodies to keep him happy at the game. BYU won, of course, but Tyler didn't last until the end of the game so they had to listen to some of it from the road.


I must admit, I had a hard time watching Tyler go on his first trip without me (I know he was with his dad, but he's still my baby for another month!). He called a couple times and talked to Emma, telling her how much he missed her. Those two are the best of friends and it's been cute for me to see their interaction from 800 miles apart on the phone. Spencer brought me a big can of Stephen's mint truffle hot chocolate and also bought a blessing dress for the little one (since I've had NO luck finding one here)! I love it, and now I'm torn because there are two I really like. I might save pictures and a poll for a very near-in-the-future post.

Finally, here is my LAST pregnant belly shot for this blog. This was taken last week, when I had about 5 weeks left. Black is slimming; there was method in my color selection... And I know I don't look very big here, but I had the option of this picture or of one where I looked huge. You would have done the same thing.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Tyler already! It was so fun to have him around! And you are freakishly small for 8 months, even with a 'slimming' color. :-)

Nau Willis said...

ok seriously cheri you barely have a bump Im so jealous! Wow Tyler is a BIG boy now!!! Oh and me and Losa had a GNO at Red Lobster this weekend too!!! lol..yeah that trip should last me another few years!!!

Jana said...

Hi Cheri! I just found your blog and I wanted to say that I can't believe you're 8 months pregnant! You're seriously so tiny - you look great!

p.s. I saw the post about Jennifer and her baby name suggestions, and thought it was too funny! It could be worse; she is already my self-appointed wedding planner and has even started announcing my engagement. It wouldn't be that bad, but I'm not engaged.

hales said...

You're going to have a poll for which blessing dress to use? All you have to do is pick the fanciest (most expensive)one. (sheesh!) Oh, and by the way, I already know what her favorite color will be. Purple.
-- Grandma

Cheri said...

I know...I think the poll would be pretty conclusive. Both are pretty but the fancier one costs more. Just trying to be economical. Won't she spit up all over it and poop in it anyway???

Sarah said...

Cheri -

I'm so jealous...you don't look big at all!!! I still have 2 months left and feel huge!

Valasi Satini said...

Wow Cheri you do look really good. I have 8 weeks left and I was about your size when I was probably about 20 weeks! lol. Hey where do you live anyway? This whole time I thought you lived in Utah. :)

Gary and Michelle said...

Hey girl, you look great. It's so good to keep up with you through your blog. Although I'll be really careful to make sure I spell everything correctly. Love you guys!

Janene said...

I can't believe you are so close!

I love the picture of your boys, I've never seen a better one of those two together...very cute!

Janalee said...

Congrats! Maybe now you can click on my name and it will bring you to my blog!! Tell Spencer and your kids "hello!"

Braden said...

wow...i miss you guys so much! it's nice to stay in contact on the blogs and facebook though. I have two quick questions; 1. When does Adam go to the MTC? 2. What are you doing for the Prop. 8?

little mrs w said...

WAIT WAIT WAIT! YOU CAME TO PROVO WITHOUT VISITING?!

sheesh... okay, well I'll give you some slack because I'll be in SF but can't see you.

Next time, though... no mercy.
Just kidding, it's okay. :]