Saturday, April 4, 2015

Branson


We bought season passes to Silver Dollar City around the New Year because I saw that it was only 82 miles from my house and because my kids love amusement parks. I was sure we would go a lot this summer. Well, we went for the first time last Friday and I don't know how much we will go. It is fun for sure, but the roads are SO WINDY, we had one kid dry heaving the way there (and others pretty pale, including me), and one holding a barf bag up and crying on the way home. Oh boy. And it was freeeeezing. I've never been so cold at an amusement park - 38 degrees!


Other than that, we had a great time! A couple rides are pretty scary. Tanner rode his first real rollercoaster! He cried the first time but not the second. :) (I was so so proud here. And that guy behind me yelled at me - and I talked back this time - about having my camera out. Go away.)

Sadie is suddenly scared of everything so she just went on one ride. We DID go into Marvel Cave, inside the park, and that was awesome. It is enormous and could hold the Statue of Liberty inside of it.

We stayed in Branson that night in a total dive, but apparently most of the hotels are that way. Good to know for the future. What a fun, busy, FULL spring break we had. Sufficiently wiping out the kids and ourselves is called success (and pure insanity).


 Funnel cakes!



This is where we pretty much left it. Goodbye Spring Break!

No comments: