Saturday, April 4, 2015

basketball

I really am so proud of my oldest two. Within two weeks of moving here they both let me persuade them to join the basketball league at our local Baptist church. Neither had played before, neither ended up being the best on their team. But they had fun, learned another TEAM sport (my favorite kind), and got to know a lot of people.

They had kind of opposite experiences; Tyler's team lost the coach and then someone stepped up but it was never the same and they just struggled. By their sixth game, when they actually tied it up and then WON, by 1 point, the gym erupted and I think I cried. Tyler played his heart out and really started to like it.

Emma's team, on the other hand, was awesome. Her coach was incredible and there were only 4 teams but Emma's team would win by at least double digits every single time. Once she got more aggressive and made some baskets she really started to like it (one thing that is frustrating as a parent is when my kids don't like something simply because they aren't good at it). Her team was so great! It was fun to watch her games. She got into the semi-finals and then the final game, when she played her friend's team. It was close this time and we were down for a few minutes, but we came back and won.

Here are some pictures.






No comments: