Thursday, November 13, 2014

primary program

One more thing I need to write about because I just can't forget it!

The primary program was last Sunday. Spencer flew home for the weekend; it was Sadie's birthday, HIS birthday, and the primary program. Tanner, months ago, told me he was too scared and wasn't going to do it. But I don't know what changed his mind...he was amazing!

Tanner sat on the front row but because he is so little I could only see the top of his head when he was sitting. I loved how he would stand up for a song, get the biggest smile on his face, and wave. Every.single.time. He would even whisper/yell "Sadie!!" to get her attention, and then they would wave to each other. He sang every single word. He said his part perfectly, with a big smile. It was pure entertainment, and I just loved it. His primary class got to sing a song all their own ("My Life is a Gift") and I just want to remember how Tanner held the last note longer than anyone else by about 2 seconds. It was purely precious and my heart was exploding.

Tyler played it cool up there on the top row with those big kids. His part was perfect, he sang all the songs, and we loved smiling at each other the whole time.

Emma. This was her second to last primary program, and that makes me sad. She is a natural. She can sing and she loves it. She sang in a quartet (2 boys and 2 girls) and did such a wonderful job. She was the tallest girl up there and I was so proud of her. She had two speaking parts, and talked about how one of her ancestors (Aurelia Spencer Rogers) started the Primary.

Such pride on this day. Best Sunday of the year!

No comments: