Wednesday, January 7, 2015

a rough christmas

I need to remember this. Partly because we have sickness EVERY SINGLE CHRISTMAS. And I am determined to break that!

The Sunday before Christmas we had the Sears' over for dinner. It was great, they are awesome, lots of fun, etc. That night Tyler had a headache. His head was "heavy." Gave him Ibuprofen and sent him to bed. The next morning he was sick. The flu! Lots of aches. Emma got it Wednesday. Sorta different symptoms but I think the flu. Inside most of the week.

We had friends over Christmas night. That night - 11:52 pm - Tanner starts barfing. When does it end? Will I get it? (I ALWAYS get it.) I feel like we are ticking time bombs, either for the flu, or for the barfing, or both.

Well, sure enough, Sadie got it Saturday, right after Tyson and Kristina and family had arrived. The next day she had a raging fever so I stayed home from church with her. It is over a week later and I feel like she still isn't herself.

Oh New Year's Eve DAY Spencer and I got the stomach flu. At the same time. While the Smith's were still here visiting. Kristina helped take care of our kids and we felt awful for about 24 hours. The Smith's went home and I got strep throat. So now I am on antibiotics.

For the first time ever, I was sorta excited for school to start back up just so we could get back to normal. We did almost nothing fun over Christmas, because we couldn't, and because there isn't a whole lot to do, and really, it was good to get back into our pattern.

Other than that, Christmas was fun and we got some fun presents that finally fit in a big house with a big yard (trampoline, play kitchen, doll house, etc.).

Now my kitchen is under construction and that isn't fun but I am excited for the result.

How long till spring??




Some sick pictures...



1 comment:

Candice said...

My wall color is SW comfort gray, I can't wait to see yours! I loved your latest post, our first toy we got our kids here was a play kitchen too, I hope the space is worth the climate change!