Wednesday, October 23, 2013

nearing the end?

Remember when people used to blog?

I think the time for this blog to wrap up might be near. I get sick of it, I don't have time for it (or I choose not to have time for it), and I feel like other forms of social media are more instananeous and fun, and slightly more private.

But then I see my kids (the two who read) lounging on a couch, reading our old blog books. I see this quite often. And they laugh and we talk and reminisce...and I just don't see how I can stop.

I think I am nearing the end of writing for other people to read. As of this moment I am planning to keep doing it, less frequently, so I can keep printing them out. Maybe going private? My first two kids have baby books and my last two don't. I feel like our blog/blog books sorta make up for that. My scrapbooking has gone by the wayside as nowadays PTA, Young Women, growing children, and other things take up the time that I used to have for that stuff.

Maybe I will finish off 2013. And then if you are interested at all, you'll have to be my facebook friend or follow me on Instagram. Which...REALLY, that isn't asking a lot I don't think. Right?

This season of life is so fun. I am just wanting to so badly to be wrapped up in it as much as possible because I won't get it back. And I LOVE IT. The joy of having kids is not at all overrated.

For now, here are some fun pictures of my big kids as they wrap up their soccer season.



 


5 comments:

Jen said...

I keep on meaning to get back into blogging for all the reasons you mention, but continue to stay out for all the reasons you mention. :) I too have thought about taking the blog to a completely private blog.

I do love reading your updates and perspective, even if brief!

Dad said...

Well, here's the deal:

You are a great photographer and an EXCELLENT writer, so this blog is and always has been the best of the best. Of course I am bias, because I have such an interest in the subject here, but I just love reading and following your work. Where else will you get to opine about the tender moments with the little one? Where else will you construct more than a brief sentence (or two) with a grainy picture from your phone? Facebook is there all the time, but it is unrefined. Your blog is so well written and the pictures are great. You get into some depth of thought and provide meaningful pictures. OK, this is more than I have ever put in a comment, but my point is that your skills (talents) argue for more than just a hurried thought with a quick pic. Especially with the kids the ages that they are.

Mark and Kim said...

Oh please don't give up your blog!! I love reading your posts even if they're less frequent than you think they should be.

jonna said...

amen to what your dad said!

Carly said...

it is sad that blogs are becoming less popular because i love to read them! well, if you go private, i'll survive as long as i get to still read it. ;-)