Sunday, January 20, 2013

january blah

January is cold and bleak, and I am doing all I can to keep myself from feeling the same. Having a baby really is hard stuff. I spend almost every minute feeding Sadie, trying to keep her happy, or trying to get her to sleep...just to have her only sleep for 15 minutes. She hates the car seat, so driving more than a few minutes is unbearable for all of us. Figuring out a baby is a fluid thing; once I "get" her, everything is different.

BUT. Honestly, what is sweeter than a baby's big toothless grin? Sadie is a good smiler during those precious few minutes when she is happy. She now loves to look at herself in the mirror. As much as I don't want her to grow up, I can't wait until she is happy and awake for longer periods of time so I can maybe get a few things done again. Knowing that this is my last chance to mother a newborn gets me through.

This incredible lady I know asked to photograph Sadie for a photography class. I put her in this dress for one reason...Emma wore it for her first portraits. The pictures are sweet, and while it is clear I was not planning on taking part, I still had to let Judy include me in a few. Tanner was a good subject as well. I am so glad I have this documented (9 weeks old).

More than halfway through the month!

5 comments:

hales said...

Those cheeks are just begging to be kissed!

Carly said...

SUCH cute pictures! I love the one of you you two smiling at each other!

Me said...

I could eat those cheeks!

Misty said...

So cute! I hope she gets on a more normal and enjoyable schedule for you SOON!

Natalie N said...

Soooo sweet!! Pictures are the best gift--something to treasure always.