Sunday, December 2, 2012

stockings

My grandma is incredible; she has made personalized stockings for all of her kids and grandkids. I loved mine so much, and she knew it, so my husband and kids have these as well. I treasure them more than almost anything else, and love every Christmas when we get to pull them out. (This year we have a beautiful place to hang them; more on that later.)

Last week a package came from my grandma, and I was giddy as I opened it up. Sure enough, all 6 of us now have these. Mine is older and faded. Ironically, this same grandma's own grandma was nicknamed Sadie (her name was Sarah) - I had no idea when we named her, but it makes me all the more glad that we named her that. I've always felt really close to my grandma, and even more so now.

I decided to put my teeny little girl inside her new stocking, because I could, and got some really cute pictures of her. What a nice way to pass some time while I'm trapped inside. And, I think she is pretty adorable.

4 comments:

Mark and Kim said...

What a cute photo-op! I love that you all have hand-made matching stockings! Something I once had a goal to do....until I realized I have no skills!

Mikaela said...

so cute in the stocking! She's adorable

hales said...

So cute.
(Yours isn't faded. It's just a different color of green yarn.)

House of Tong said...

You guys make such cute kids!!! I love the personalized stockings too!