Wednesday, August 31, 2011

firsts and favorites

I've been dreading this day since June 14th...the first day of school. We had such a fun summer and I had such a pit in my stomach as the first day crept up. At least these two were really excited this time...no nerves whatsoever! And the chaos at the school (and with Tanner) kept my tears back. They ran off before I could get good pictures at the school.


If they have to go to school, at least they get to go with lots of friends, and have incredible teachers.

Here's to another fabulous year of learning! And here are their current "favorites." I like taking pictures by the front door each year to see how they've grown in relation to the doorknob. This year I decided to add in their favorites so we can also see how those change.


We're excited to make cookies this afternoon and talk all about the first day. Let the countdown (to June) begin!

3 comments:

Carly said...

your kids have great taste in ice cream. :) and they look so cute!

hales said...

Happy First Day of School! And here's to a whole school year of entertaining Tanner all by yourself.

Lisa R.D. said...

I love your idea of including their favorites with their pictures... I hope you all had a great day!