Thursday, July 22, 2010

the evolution of me + tanner

Photobucket

I'm glad I documented this pregnancy well because it was probably my last. I get teary whenever I think that, but with the things my body went through my doctor thinks we should be done. Part of me - a very small part - misses having him inside me and having that bond that only the two of us could experience.

Anyway, I am loving that this handsome little guy is now a week old. It's been an interesting week. I never really "got" the whole newborns just sleep and eat thing - Emma and Tyler were awake a lot and had to be entertained from the beginning. Tanner is showing me that he can be a real newborn, sleepy and all. He is so darling and we consider it a treat when we get to see him with his eyes open. I'm soaking up this newborn thing, because I don't want to forget just how precious this time is.

I feel so privileged that I got another chance to be a mother, and I'm so grateful to Spencer for being so full of faith. He had to give me lots of blessings throughout this pregnancy and always promised me that this baby would be ok. It sure was a rollercoaster ride and I consider myself the luckiest girl around right now. (I am also lucky because I've had my mom here this week - there is nothing quite like having your mom there when you need her...too bad the week is almost over.)

10 comments:

The Rich Family said...

Oh he is so handsome....our little guys will be best friends..maybe roomies at BYU!!!! You are lucky to have your mom there...I have missed mine more than I ever have or thought that I ever would....sorry to hear about a ruptured bladder....ouch....hope recovery is going OK....happy one week old...our 2 week check up was today and we are back up to birth weight...yay!!! Congrats again!!

Marné said...

congrats! He is such a sweet little boy. We are so happy for you!

Jen said...

Oh, Cheri, you deserve it . . the sweet little newborn and gorgeous family! Congrats again.

April said...

You look amazing in all those pictures! He is seriously adorable! I too took in every bit of the "newborn" phase with Finn. To think he's already 8 weeks, pretty much out of the newborn phase, it goes so fast. Enjoy him, as I know you are. I am so happy for you and your family. I too had things go wrong/weird with Finn's pregnancy as well that makes me think I should be done. Its hard to think that maybe that will be. But I am grateful to be a mother to the ones I have. COngrats and enjoy him!!! You deserve it so much.

Kristina and Tyson said...

Cheri, you are a strong woman...seriously! I, too, am so glad that you were blessed with another little one! You do deserve every wonderful moment that this cute little boy offers! So glad you had your Mom there to help too...a mom makes all the difference in the world (husbands just can't quite understand all the emotions and need for your Mom!) I am excited to see more pictures of your stinkin cute little guy!

Koko said...

Cher Bear, i LOVE the pix of your journey with tanner <3 how special that you have those pictures. you are a wonderful mommy and i am glad that tanner is being the stereotypical newborn for you ;) enjoy it, soak it up, cuz it doesn't last long lol **hugs** to you both! love you!

Melanie said...

Love the pictures of the pregnancy-- I've always planned to do that but never did. I can't wait to see Tanner again- He is so cute!! I'm bringing dinner when your visitors leave and holding him while you eat :)

THE GROWS said...

Congratulations. I am really happy for you that everything went great. I am right around the corner to where you are now. I am 33 weeks and can't wait to have a newborn again. oh and I think Tanner looks just like Tyler

House of Tong said...

Pure Awesomeness! This is the best pregnancy-belly-documentation I've seen yet!! Giving me ideas.. :-)

The Howard Bolton Family said...

I am so glad that you documented the pregnancy. What a good idea. I am glad that things went fairly well with the pregnancy. The whole catheter issue...bleah, for you. Now that it is out, will you be able to heal and not have any remaining problems?

Thanks for being such a wonderful example of strength to me. I adore you and your family.