Monday, July 7, 2008

Vacationed Out

After logging 2500+ miles in the car in the last ten days, the last thing I feel like doing is posting all about it. My kids were incredible, we had a great time, and we have some awesome pictures. Maybe I'll find some time (and desire) in the not-so-distant future to do it. A few things on my mind (random, yes):

*Tyler told me today he either wants to name this baby Lightning McQueen or McDonald's. The poor kid needs to get out more. And I guess he doesn't care that the baby is a girl.
*Emma really (and I mean really) needs a sister. This morning she dressed Tyler in one of her dresses and a pair of high heels.
*I have loved having Emma feel the baby kick the last two weeks. At first she was offended ("Why would she kick ME?") but now she thinks it's fun. She even talks to and sings to her.
*Growing up, in the summertime I'd get to can peaches with my grandma. We ate everything PEACH for those few days, and my favorite was when she'd make peach milkshakes. Today at Costco the peaches called my name and I bought a box. It's 100 degrees all week long here, so I will be drinking lots of peach milkshakes and thinking of my grandma. And gaining a lot of weight.
*Today was a sad day as I emptied all my shirts from my closet - temporarily - and moved in my maternity clothes. I wasn't quite ready to do this so soon (21 weeks) but regular shirts were starting to get snug and I needed to face reality. At least I bought some cute stuff this go-round. Lesson learned: Have a big enough closet (and enough hangers) to fit regular shirts and maternity shirts.
*I have another vacation/reunion at the end of this week that I'm excited for, but at this moment I'm too tired to think about it.
*I will never let one of my children run for senior class president. I've seen firsthand (secondhand?) how crazy it is to throw a 10-year reunion (from out of state no less). Spencer was a good sport (Mr. Senior Class President himself) and I think I was too; I didn't know a soul there! It turned out a success but the stress beforehand about put us over the edge.

That's all for now. I'm off to find the vanilla ice cream.

7 comments:

hales said...

Think of your new wardrobe as just that -- new! And in 4 or 5 months, you get a whole new wardrobe again! I don't see the downside here, especially since the next "new" wardrobe will be smaller. Take your little "devil" shopping with you and enjoy it. :-)

Ryan said...

mmmm.... peach milkshakes! Living in the peach state, we get to eat everything peach this time of year. I LOVE IT!!

Jamie said...

I love Tyler's names. We've had some crazy name suggestions too (in past pregnancies) like Santa Claus and Domino.

Marné said...

Cheri! Congrats on #3!!! I'm voting for McDonalds for the name. Just enjoy the fact that your maternity shirts fit! My tummy is pretty much bursting out of all mine at this point... It's all about perspective. :)

Janene said...

Take Tyler to Wendy's. Maybe he'll like that name.

Cheri said...

Haha, thanks for the fast food suggestions you guys. But you're right - Wendy's tops McDonald's (in almost every way), especially for a girl!

Natalie N said...

Loved the thoughts you shared, Cheri. I love Tyler's name suggestions. I'm grinning from ear to ear after reading that.

I can't believe you guys went over 2500 miles!! Welcome home, and hopefully the weather will be nice to you, my pregnant friend.

P.S.--Tell Spencer to hire a reunion planning company next time--they do all the work...not the Sr. Class President's spouse! You ARE a trooper, girl!