Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gualala update

Remember the camping post I did about two months ago? How I am SO not a camper? Well, thankfully we had a good time....because today in the mail I got a notice from the campground informing me that we were the winners in their drawing and the prize is two free nights there! I have to laugh because I believe I posted something along the lines of "I don't know if we are going to make this a tradition," but now I guess we are! BTW, it's $40 a night there so it's a relatively valuable "prize"...not one of those $9 a night campsites.

Anyone wanna camp next to us? We'll have a baby...I know, tempting. :)

5 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

This made me laugh, that's what you get for giving it a chance :). We are getting ready to go camping tomorrow--not my LEAST favorite thing in the world but definitely not my favorite either (something about being clean and having a bed to sleep in!)... but when I read that there's a high likelihood of thunderstorms at Jackson, I'm a little more anxious about it. Creating memories... that's what it's about, right?

The Howard Bolton Family said...

I love camping my Dad's style: huge trailer, running water, indoor bathroom with shower, microwave oven, regular bed with Serta mattress, DVD and tv hookup, electric outlets...yes, that is CAMPING! The other stuff is called "roughing it." Not my favorite thing, but the children always have loved it. Congratulations on your prize!

Natalie N said...

You guys have the best luck! That is so fun. I bet you're excited to go back now...with a newborn! YES! :)

Nau Willis said...

lucky!!!! Enjoy!!!

heidi said...

Lucky girl. That does sound like fun...camping with a newborn. You can pretend you are a pioneer.