Saturday, February 9, 2008

Tagged...Twice

I was "tagged" twice in the last 3 weeks, and they were quite similar to each other (7 random and weird facts about me/7 lesser known things about me). So, I'm combining them, and will hopefully be done with being tagged, at least for a while:

1. I am a clutter person. I don't like messes, but as long as the mess is organized (i.e., in a pile, etc.) then I'm ok with it. Once things get crazy, I get crazy. But piles and organized messes are just fine with me. What's the point of putting stuff all away and out of sight when you're just going to need it again in a day or two? It's all about efficiency!

2. I am a news junkie. However, this wasn't always the case. When I was at BYU, my dad would often mention world or local news. My response would always be "huh?" He finally suggested that I start picking up The Daily Universe once in a while. Luckily, I quickly married a pretty big news junkie and it took 5 years, but it finally rubbed off on me. I don't enjoy hearing and reading about bad news, but I do like the feeling of being informed. Besides, getting outside my scope of mommy-talk (even if just for a few minutes) is--I'm sure--healthy.

3. I loathe the word furnish. Nothing makes me cringe like that word. Even reading it in an email makes me want to puke. Just typing it was difficult. Why do I loathe it so? I don't know, but I hate how it sounds, and I hate the different accents people put on it to make it sound even worse. Please don't use it around me. Instead, say something like, "What would you like me to bring?"

4. I hate Crocs. You know, those wanna-be shoes. I hadn't even heard of them two years ago when a family member told me there were these "new shoes" that I HAD to see because they knew I would just LOVE them. I remember being offended when I did see them, thinking, He thinks my taste is that bad? I may be all about sandals and flip-flops but, trust me, those do NOT qualify. Gross.

5. My first snowstorm ever was when I was a freshman at BYU. I was so excited by all the falling snow, and I grabbed my cute friend from Louisiana (was it her first time too? can't remember), and we put on our matching swimsuits and ran around making snow angels. I don't know if it was against Honor Code, but it sure was fun. Cold though (duh).

6. I HATE "Utah hair." You know, super-teased, big, bleached hair. I know that not many people in Utah have the hair, but that was the first place I saw it and I still run into it (literally) occasionally. Spencer chooses to call it "West Valley hair" (to save those on the East side from association).

7. I'm a better girl mom than boy mom. I love the nail polish, doing hair, dressing up, etc. Give me a train or a transformer and I'm useless. Maybe my imagination is lacking, but I just don't do boy things. A friend recently came over and her boys instantly went for the mud in the backyard (it had been raining). I watched in disbelief as they got super dirty, and it didn't even phase her. Maybe that's why she just had her 3rd boy. I'm still in shock. And yes, I kept Tyler away from that pile. Poor kid - he should have the chance to "be a boy" sometimes, even in gross mud. Just not around me.

Now that you all think I'm a super freak, I'm off to Worldwide Training. Happy weekend.

4 comments:

hales said...

Nice to read all that. Well, I'm off to a Fox News Channel rally in my new purple Crocs. Gotta go tease my hair and get my casserole ready that I said I'd furnish. If I could just find the pan in all this mess! Dang -- maybe it's outside in the mud.
:-)

Janene said...

Glad to know about this word taboo. That is too funny! I was a tad annoyed when i was tagged. (ahhh...something else to do??) But it has been fun to see how different everyone is!

Natalie N said...

Nice work, girl! You were cracking me up with all of these. Fun to get to know you better.
Oh, we got Whitney's goodie bag on Saturday. Whitney told me at least 100 times, "I LOVE all this stuff from Emma!" So know that she is in heaven and sends her gratitude. You guys are the best! Thanks again for sending that.
Have a great week!

breanna said...

HA! i was mention in fact #5! i feel so honored...we should definitely dig that picture out! i also have to side with you on fact #7. i totally fall into that category! the boy toy aisle is so overwhelming for me...i can't even go past the preschool toy aisles for boys!