Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tremors

We finally got our welcome (for me, re-welcome) to California! Tonight at 8 pm a 5.6 magnitude earthquake shook the ground. It hit a little too close to home - literally - as it was based less than 20 miles away from our house. Being a native Californian, I recall earthquake drills from elementary school but during those 30 seconds of shaking tonight I just stood still and wondered how I could get my kids from their beds and under the table with me. Thankfully it stopped before I really had to take action and we had no damage.

So...poor Spencer who was on an airplane, thousands of feet above this unstable earth, missed experiencing his first Californian earthquake! Poor Spencer was on his way home from Disneyworld, still relishing in the fun and magic associated with everything Disney. With the rough time all of California has had these last two weeks, I think we are entitled to a bit of a break from scary natural disasters for a while.

No comments: