Saturday, October 8, 2016

A special visit

A couple months ago my parents asked if they could come September 22-25th because there was a screaming deal on Allegiant from Vegas. Of course we said yes and were so excited! I later remembered it was our primary program that weekend - an added bonus.

As my parents were driving to Vegas that morning I texted my mom that one of these trips she should bring my grandma with her. Her mom is young and healthy and I knew my kids would love it, and she would too! I guess that got my mom's wheels turning and she called her. Grandma said no, but when my parents got to their house they told them they should go to Arkansas. I'm not quite sure what else happened but soon after my mom told me they were ALL coming! Grandpa too. Suddenly I was thrilled and excited and stressed (Grandpa and Grandma needed to stay downstairs in our room so I had to clean it out), and that night I went to pick them up.

The next day I showed them around Bentonville. Sadie and great grandma played, and Sadie and grandma played.




One thing that I just love is that Sadie calls Grandma Winder "great new grandma." And she is still doing that two weeks later. That afternoon we had primary program practice and Spencer and I had a party so they all got to hang out with my kids. The next day was Saturday, so Spencer took a van load to the preparedness fair and I took the boat and met them at the lake. We were able to get grandpa on (yay!) and got my parents up surfing. Then my parents and Grandma Winder went on the tube with the kids! It was such a warm, fun day out there with everyone.







That evening we got Whole Hog BBQ and then us 4 ladies went to the women's broadcast. That was so awesome for us - 4 generations!! Emma even got teary when she realized how significant that was. :) She's pretty sure we can get a 5 generation picture someday.

The next morning was church - the Primary Program! It was chaotic for me but I think it turned out well. Hard to tell from the back of the stage... but we had a good time and the kids did awesome. Even Sadie! That afternoon we went to Cooper Chapel in Bella Vista. So beautiful.


After dinner it was getting close to time to head to the airport. But Grandma Winder wanted to do something special with Tanner so she pulled him over to the piano and taught him Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater. Grandpa Winder played cat's cradle with Tanner. Grandma Winder taught Emma to crochet while she was here, and kinda even taught Tanner! I always wonder when we do see them if it could be the last time...and so these moments are just so extra special. I walked around taking a lot of pictures and I don't know that they loved that, but I was determined to record it well.












The whole weekend was so fun, and I know that my kids adore their grandparents as well as their great grandparents. They are all so good at paying attention to the kids and making them feel important - I hope I can be just half as good when I have grandkids! What an incredible experience that weekend was - I will never ever forget it.

No comments: