Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Hawksbill Crag

Since shortly after moving here we have been wanting to do this hike. Because it isn't very close to us (two hours away, in quite a remote area) it took us a while to find the time. I did want to do it at dusk, but we ended up getting there a bit before then. It was still pretty.

Hawksbill Crag is the most photographed spot in Arkansas. My goal is to someday be there at sunrise...I think that would be the prettiest.

The kids were great hikers (it was just 1.5 miles each way) but Sadie was an annoying and annoyed passenger. She was so tired and grumpy and just doesn't enjoy being dragged around. I want to tell her to just go with it but then she screams at me. It must be hard being Sadie.

Regardless, it was a great day. I just wish we had gone a week or two sooner when the colors would have been a bit more brilliant.











1 comment:

Rachel said...

I've never thought to travel during a holiday like Thanksgiving, but we might have to try this at some point! It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time and made some great memories.