Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Macie's 7th

Last year we had to miss Macie's birthday because we were in Arkansas house-hunting. This year we had to miss it because we couldn't figure a way to get back to CA. I was dreading it, but it ended up being a great day: it was stake conference so I didn't have to deal with primary from 1-4, and we were all together since Spencer didn't have high council responsibilities.

We knew we couldn't buy her balloons on a Sunday, but we also knew that helium latex balloons only stay up for about 12 hours. So we did those on Saturday. Sadie still doesn't really understand what we are doing, but she loves balloons and was more than happy to send some up.








On Sunday morning the texts started pouring in - some friends who aren't even on Facebook and have never lived by me sent me sweet messages telling me they were thinking of us. We had stake conference, which was a huge blessing. We came home and we took some pictures with the tree we planted for Macie last week. Oh I love it - it is still tiny but the leaves are red and I can't wait to see how this looks on her birthday in the future. Sadie took a nap (!!) and some friends stopped by with cookies, and with flowers and other gifts. It was a great day, and a great way to remember Macie.




I pulled out the scrapbook for that year and Sadie has been glued to it. She always stops on the pages with Macie and asks me where she is and where her (baby blessing) dress is. I don't know if she is getting it yet but at least she is starting to.

Seven! She would be 7 and I can't believe what we are missing out on by not having her here. Tanner is so drawn to 6-7 year old girls and I can see why...I'm sure they would be best friends.
(Dear CA friends who continue to bless us)

No comments: