Tuesday, June 2, 2015

May

My friend in the ward texted me a picture on May 1. I am so so grateful she did! She happened to be at the school and saw Tyler receive this award. I am all about my kids getting attendance awards and things like that, but awards that go to their true character make my heart want to explode. So so proud! (And so glad my friend was there to take this!) I could not agree more.
That night was the Gold Rush 5k. This race is a huge deal in Bentonville, and the proceeds go to the schools. Each school wore a different color shirt, and it was a little too warm for me (I ran too!) but fun to spend the time training with Emma. Emma came in before me, and I came in before Tyler. Here they are before the race with Emma's friend Laurel.
 And after.
Melts me!
Love these two. (We were at swimming lessons and Sadie doesn't take lessons but has to wear her swimsuit and boots.)
She even brings her life jacket...

Emma and I were about to set off for girls weekend and had to be sure she had enough accessories... And then we were off!

Got to go here with my dad the first morning (can you tell I didn't sleep much?)




 My BFF growing up - Aarika. Persian princess and belly dancer. :)

Fun fun fun!
Spencer sold his beloved Altima...



 And bought a truck! And a boat! May was expensive in many different ways...
Back to the boat later. We were still in the thick of baseball. Tanner and Spencer's team...
And for Tyler...

We drove to Oklahoma to go on a pretty hike.

Tanner passed his swim class, with flying colors! Mr. I-don't-put-my-face-in-the-water!
We took the kids out of school to go to Silver Dollar City the friday before Memorial Day.





That night we got a call that our boat was ready in Austin! So we got home from Branson, re-packed within an hour, and were on our way to TX. We stayed in Dallas, and got the boat the next day. We of course had to try it out! (Spencer is so giddy here...)






It was a quick trip and we got rained on A TON but it was fun to be with cousins. ^^These two...they are adorable. Hannah and Tanner. We hauled our boat back to AR!

Spencer's truck is complete!
OK this is gross. Our first (big) snake in the backyard! Apparently it's a "harmless rat snake." It still should be a dead snake if you ask me.
 Love this boy! Tried so hard not to cry! Pre-school graduate!


 ^^She loves him. And we really love her.
This splash park turns into an ice skating rink in the winter. Having 4 seasons still blows my mind.

 Emma was one of 26 kids at her school who earned the National Fitness award.
Michael and Laura's family came to visit overnight on their way to Idaho. I tried to convince them to stay longer!! :( Sadie loved Danny, and Tanner loved Chandler. Too bad we live far from everyone. We took them to the square... and Sadie of course had to work her mischief.
May is always the most stressful month for me, and looking back at this I can see why! It is busy and crazy in the lead-up to school being over. So glad we are past that. One more day till summer!

2 comments:

hales said...

Everything looks so fun! See you tomorrow!

Mark and Kim said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the grocery cart full of BBQ sauce...love The Salt Lick!