Tuesday, June 2, 2015

April

June is here (what??), and school is just about done, so I need to document some things we did around here the last 7-8 weeks. I was going to put April and May together but it was just too much, so I will split the posts.

Tracie had an easter egg hunt at her house. It's funny for me to look back NOW, because grass all turns brown here in the winter, and doesn't get green until mid-April. This grass sorta looks like a shag rug... ANYWAY, Sadie thought hunting for eggs was the best thing ever. I'm glad someone threw together an egg hunt because our Easter bunny was super lame this year and didn't do anything at all...




 The blossoms were amazing and gorgeous and I loved taking pictures while driving sometimes. Spring in Bentonville! Pretty. It gave me hope that I could handle living here.

We got a selfie stick and had fun playing with it. Sadie was a little puzzled...
I finally finished all the couch pillows (the ones that came with the couches were so painfully ugly).
 And finished Emma's new blue/gray curtains. Only took two months...
Sadie got to meet Elsa and Anna at Chick-fil-a. She was so excited before but froze when we saw them. And now she is always asking to go see Elsa at "Chickee-fay." Figures.

 Sadie lived up to the Arkansas stereotype and started wearing a swimsuit with cowboy books. Good thing it warmed up! (And notice the green grass...)
 She loves to ride these bikes with me. She is FAST.
I don't have any good pictures of Tanner at swimming lessons because they stick us up in a dark room to watch, but here he is about to jump in. MAN he came far these last two months and can now swim across a pool.
Trying out our selfie stick before church. Spencer laughed at me for a while but totally converted on his trip to Chile (also in April...) Sadie was crying. :)
With our incredible patio, we needed furniture. After taking way too long to decide on a set, we chose it and it arrived. Thanks Sams Club! We love it and it is super comfortable.

Sadie was being Sadie...

 After HOURS AND HOURS of working on his car, Tyler won the pinewood derby.

Here they are with their Ironman car.
I mentioned Spencer went to Chile...so I painted! Of course I painted. My laundry room/craft room was horrific avocado green, so I did Sherwin Williams' "Glimmer" and it is so much better. I still don't love the cabinets (this is what was also in my kitchen when we moved in) but it is still an improvement. Painting the ceiling (brown!) off-white was hard because the ceilings are so high, and I was sore in muscles I didn't know I had, but I am much happier in there now. Spencer was surprised when he came home (I never tell him I am doing these things). He must love having a wife who does things when he is gone instead of making him help...
He had a fun time in Chile and got to go to the temple, on the same day as our stake temple day here (OKC). 

Next up - May!

No comments: