Wednesday, February 25, 2015

painting

When we first saw this house, from the outside, we were in love. When Spencer walked in and saw (out the windows) the backyard/lot, he was sold. Done. Nothing mattered after that. I didn't quite put those blinders up so fast. I hated the kitchen. Another thing that I don't like is the step-down living room. But I can't fix that. Lastly....some of the paint colors are pretty bad. Well, WERE bad. I only have two rooms left that need to be changed in the near future. There was a LOT of lime green in this house. But it is more like avocado green. And when the ceilings are painted the same, it's just horrid.

Sadie's room came first. It was a true blue and I didn't mind the blue but I did in my little girl's room. I painted it a gray I got for $10 in the mis-tinted section of Lowe's. It looks a little periwinkle in her room because of the off white ceiling and off white trim, but I like it. Way better.



I had a little "helper."

Before^^

The lighting isn't good but it looks way better. I have since put stuff on the walls - I will post pictures of her cute room some other time.

Here was Emma's room. She has such a great room - it is huge and has the best view in the house. But wow the color. She was so patient and didn't nag me to change it. I knew it would take a long time but I had to paint the ceilings too, and that was hard. Oh man, I don't like painting ceilings.


And here it is now (it is cleaner now though). I did the same gray that is in the living room and kitchen and it looks great in her room. She likes to change accessories pretty often so having a neutral gray on the walls makes those changes way easier. Now to get stuff up on HER walls. And find new curtains or something that will match...

Her bathroom and jack and jill were also green.
And look 100x better now. Also had to paint the ceilings white, from green. (I had soreness in muscles I didn't know I had after painting all those ceilings...)

I also painted the dining room. One more HOORAY for snow days (more on that later). I didn't hate the dining room, but wanted fresher and brighter. I thought this color would have a bit more green to it but I still love it. This is the first room when you walk in the house. It needed a facelift. (This blue is also in our guest bathroom, and I really like it in there. For now. Ha.)

Before:

I love it!! It does feel much brighter. I never realized until about 10 years ago just how much paint can change the look and feel of a house. It does so much to spruce it up. The only white walls in this entire house are in our walk-in closets. :)

That ugly green color is still in one more room (well, two: the craft room and connecting laundry room), but I think I need about a month of recovery before I take that on.

2 comments:

Candice said...

You are a painting machine!!! Way to go! Aren't ceilings so fun??

tracie said...

It looks great! Ceilings are the worse. I need to message you on Facebook for some tips. :)