Friday, July 18, 2014

4

I just need to put down some thoughts about this cute boy here.

The night before his birthday I was feeling so sad! Nostalgic, really. I have never experienced terrible two's, have sorta experienced terrible three's, but Tanner has not been included in that at all. Since the moment he turned 3 he has been such an angel. Potty training was a PIECE.OF.CAKE. He is sweet and has a heart of gold. I simply did not want the age of 3 to be over for him. I have never wanted to keep a child from growing so badly.

Spencer worked late that birthday eve so I got to put him to bed. After Tyler read to him and he laid there quietly, I walked in and felt so emotional. I climbed into bed with him and told him how much I love him and what a good boy he is. I told him I didn't want him to turn 4, and that I was going to sprinkle some magic dust on him to keep him 3 forever.  Then I asked him if I could hold him until he fell asleep and while his arms were under my face I cried silent tears. I am lucky beyond all measure, and I know he was sent to me when he was (after Macie's tragedy) to be that bright light in our family. He gave me hope and joy again.

I should back up; he wanted more than anything to go to Gilroy Gardens on his actual birthday. So we did it last Saturday. That place is pure magic I tell you. It is great.


On his birthday we woke him up at 7:15 singing "Happy Birthday" and he had the biggest smile on his face. He asked me if he could do "whatever I want" on that day and I say yes. The only odd request was that he be able to eat his breakfast in the living room.
 Emma made the cute sign and did all the decorating and wrapping.



His "pool party" was at 2:00 at Parkmont pool. He had a few friends come (and a few of the friends of the other kids) and loved the attention as well as his Star Wars cupcakes that Emma made.

That night we had brownies and those acted as the cake. He blew out the candles, and I told him I didn't like that he was 4 but that I still love him so so much.


Oh boy, this one is a keeper!

No comments: