Wednesday, January 8, 2014

a moment of bragging

December 1 was a Sunday. We had just gotten back from our crazy trip to Las Vegas/Grand Canyon. Spencer pulled us all together and asked if we would do something together during the month - read the entire Book of Mormon. I scoffed a little bit.

But my kids! Oh the little darlings. They said "sure" and immediately started reading. "17 pages a day" became our mantra.

The kids would always physically read the pages. It took about 45 minutes a night. I didn't always have that option so I have a newfound love of the audio section of the scriptures app. Tanner listened along with me (sorta). Spencer fell behind a lot and then would spend tons of time catching up.

Emma finished (on her new Kindle) on New Years Eve morning. We were driving to the cabin that day, so Tyler finished in the car. Spencer and I listened to the audio of all of Ether, and then had to slip in Moroni once we got to the cabin. What a relief to finish page 531!

We decided this was probably the coolest thing we have done as a family. When you read it in 30 days it reads more like a chronological book. Things and parts and stories fit together. Imagine that. :) We have talked about doing this again sometime. I would be up for it!

I saw this on Emma's door a few days ago. I am so proud.





(Accomplished! Going to Yogurtland!) This made my heart so happy.

4 comments:

Carly said...

VERY cool and impressive. Seriously! We'll have to try it sometime.

Dad said...

Extraordinary!

hales said...

Congrats to you all!

Jen said...

I did this as a teenager and loved it. I am SO impressed that you did it as a family. That is a lot of reading for little guys. Go Wirthlin's! And, of course, it would be you that did it. :)