Tuesday, November 15, 2011

why I like it

I know the internet is all abuzz with Pinterest right now...but I'm going to tell you why I like it so much.

I heard about it a year ago and eventually had to request a login since I didn't know anyone who was already on it. After a while my invite arrived and it took me another few weeks to figure it all out. I love the great ideas, how it gets the creativity flowing, seeing what my friends like (and what they make!), etc. Oh, and how I can browse it on my phone when I'm at a red light. That is, perhaps, the best part.

But! My kids are also fascinated by it. Emma desperately wants her own Pinterest account. I have found that if I tell my kids that what we are having for dinner is something I found on Pinterest, they are a lot more likely to be excited about it. Spencer is the same way; he walked past the computer when I had a certain dish pulled up and he commented that it looked really good. Wham - that became his birthday dinner 3 days later!

I made this last night (broccoli chicken braid). I made my own whole wheat dough instead of using crescent rolls as a modification. Anyway, Tyler thought he had died and gone to heaven. And there are two cups of broccoli in it! He asked for more, twice, and then asked me to pack the leftovers in his lunch today (ew). Emma wasn't as in love, but according to her, if something is on Pinterest it must be good. So clearly the problem is hers.

I love that I can easily type in things I'm looking for and suddenly have hundreds of options. I love that it seems to be a mind-reader. Mostly, I love that my kids can now type in things they are looking for (crafts) and get great ideas. So aside from them eating more healthy, and being happy about it, it's just plain fun for all of us.

7 comments:

GHFamily said...

Great Cheri - now I have to check it out.

Megan said...

Our brains are aligned! I just requested an invitation to Pintrest this morning...really can't wait to get on there now!

Misty said...

haha! I JUST got an account today!

Cheri said...

If anyone needs an invite, tell me (it is faster). :)

Megan said...

Will you invite me so I don't have to wait forever? Thanks!!!

Carly said...

I vote that Emma gets to have an account, or at least a section on yours. :)

House of Tong said...

Yes, Emma should get her own board!! Thanks to you I too am addicted to pinterest. Thankyouuuuu! :-)