Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Girl date to Nashville

Hi. I'm Emma.

My mom said to me last week, "I'm going to Nashville." I said, "That's so cool, mom." She told me she was going to take my aunt Carly to the Taylor Swift concert and I was jealous but I told her that would be so much fun. My mom started thinking about it and decided to bring me with her. She told me right after school that I got to go, two days later. I couldn't wait, I just wanted to go so bad.

The day finally came. My brothers and dad dropped us off at the airport. I brought all my fancy outfits to impress Carly. I took lots of pictures on the airplane. It was late when we got there so I got to hold baby Matthew for a minute before I went to bed.


In the morning we went to a place for breakfast called The Pancake Pantry. Some people on the airplane told us to go there, and when we got there we saw them! It was exciting. I ordered chocolate chip pancakes. Instead, they brought me a thousand chocolate chips on top of my pancakes. I just ate the chocolate and it tasted like a Hershey bar. Michael got eggs and ham, which was more healthy than what I got. My mom got french toast and I thought it was gross. Carly got some other pancakes. Matthew just slept.


Later that day we walked around downtown. I went to three different gift shops and I got pictures with cool things. I saw leopard print things and took pictures with my camera. On some of the drives Matthew was making funny faces. One time he looked like he was trying to poop.


The next day we went to the Grand Ole Opry and the Opryland Hotel. I was having the time of my life. That night we went to the Taylor Swift concert. My mom let me get a t-shirt. It had Taylor Swift (in an immodest dress) on it.



Taylor Swift sang a lot of good songs. It was her "Speak Now" tour. My favorite songs were "Mean," "Mine," and "You Belong with Me." It was so much fun. There were fireworks on the stage, which scared my mom.

I also taught Uncle Michael how to play Club Penguin. I even made more penguins, and made one for him.  He read my books with me and played with me. On Saturday afternoon before we went to the airport, I asked Michael if we could go to Wendy's. He ordered for me a Hi-C and it was supposed to be small but it was huge. I also got chicken nuggets.

On the flight I had to go to the bathroom 4 times. The ladies on the airplane talked to me every time I went to the bathroom ("This is your 4th time," etc.). We got home that night and I was happy to see the boys.

Tanner looked huge when we got home. I miss Michael, Carly, and Matthew. I didn't cry when I left them but I was sad. I was about to cry. I want to be Matthew's babysitter.

That was my adventure to Nashville with my mom.

11 comments:

House of Tong said...

Go Emma!! Cheri you're such a great mom!! I knew you couldn't go there without taking her!!!! :-)

hales said...

You had such a great trip Emma! Thanks for blogging about it and sharing it with us. (I want to be Matthew's babysitter too.)

Misty said...

So fun! She is a smart, articulate girl!

I also LOVE that picture of your nephew in the post below. SO sweet!

Jen said...

What a great write-up of a wonderful trip Emma!!

jksfam said...

What a fun trip and a great write-up about it, too!

Anonymous said...

Best blog ever!

Michael B. said...

Emma, we miss you too. Matthew keeps asking about you. Not in so many words, but I know what he means.

Laura H. said...

I love the post! It looks like you have a super fun time!

Carly said...

That was hilarious! Emma, I'm excited for you to babysit! Also, I was definitely impressed by your clothes- you are way more stylish than I am!

Janene said...

Emma, it was fun to read all about your trip. I bet your dad could learn how to make pancakes like that. :o)

Natalie N said...

Oh my word. That is SO precious to read about your trip from Emma's perspective. I've got to have Whitney be a guest post-er on my blog too. What a genius idea!! :) AWESOME trip, Cheri! You totally win mom-of-the-year!