Friday, July 8, 2011

This is summer

I am exhausted. I know. I thought we'd be winding down too.
In our first 3 weeks of summer - 21 days - we went:

  • Swimming 12 of those days
  • To a collective 16 swimming lessons
  • Bowling 5 times (for free, no less)
  • To the lake. Twice. Or 3 times?
  • To the beach.
  • To the local water park (lame for me, fun for the kids).
  • To the library, twice.
  • To the movies to see Cars 2.
  • To get ice cream a few too many times
One boy learned how to swim.
One almost-a-baby-no-longer missed way too many naps.
That same baby/toddler is on the verge of walking, causing me incredible joy and utterly breaking my heart at the same time.
One wanna-be entrepreneur decided she wants a job (right now!) so she can earn "real" money. I guess the novelty of "one whole dollar!" has worn off.

I love summer. I love my new job chart system that is working amazingly well. I love falling asleep within seconds of lying down every night.  I love that the little guy has finally gotten over his 7 week ear infection. And I love that there are flip flops ALL over my house (ok, not really...but I'll take it any day over washing lots and lots of socks. Then again, washing swimsuits and towels every day isn't much fun...).

I also love snacking on fresh sugar snap peas while weeding the garden. I love watching our traditional pumpkins grow everywhere, in addition to the peas, beans, tomatoes, strawberries, spaghetti squash, carrots and zuchinni. I love 75% off outdoor patio furniture, slip 'n slides, new baby bike seats, super healthy fruit/vegetable-loaded smoothies for breakfast (my highest number of different kinds of produce thus far is 11), and no make-up and ponytails every single day. Ahh, this is definitely the life.

4 comments:

Carly said...

I love the picture of all the flip flops. :) Yay summer!

Melanie said...

I love summer too-- wish we were out there to go swimming together! Tanner's picture is so cute-- love his white white hair. Glad his ear infection is finally over-- sheesh!

GHFamily said...

Isn't summer heaven on Earth?

Misty said...

Sounds exhausting AND fun! I've been a boring mom since we've been home. Oh well.

And...your kitchen looks amazing!