Monday, March 14, 2011

8 months

Tanner has now been outside of me as long as he was inside of me, give or take a few days. And I can finally say that I'm sorta figuring this child out. Hooray for that. We spend a lot of time each day looking at each other (it isn't enough to be next to me; he must be on my lap or in my arms). As a result, I sure love his face. Now that he can sit, I plop him facing me and we make each other laugh a ton. His dimples melt my heart.

Tanner is a good conversation piece. Really. I can't say how many times I get stopped anytime I go anywhere, by people wanting to talk to him and tell me just how cute he is. I think all my babies have been very cute, but with him there's something else. I think it's the darling cheeks and dimples - they just scream BABY, and everyone loves it. However, today a nice Scottish man and a grocery bagger both told me it's his eyes that make him so beautiful. I can't make it through Costco without at least 3 or 4 people making comments about him.

He is full of personality. Most of the time I am just so grateful to have an energetic, playful baby. He loves peek-a-boo, loves singing every baby song I can think of, loves nursery rhymes, etc. He still smiles with his whole body. His laugh is adorable.

I never though I'd say it but I'm sad he's growing up. He's been so hard and so needy since day 1 but at the same time it is so satisfying to know I've given him everything he needs, and wants. :)

This kid loves his dad. Both Emma and Tyler went through stages as babies where they "forgot" Spencer because they would only see him on Sundays. Tanner only sees him for a few minutes in the mornings (and on Sundays a little bit) but he leaps out of my arms to go to him. This morning Spencer took him for a minute before walking out the door and Tanner looked pleased as punch. I put my arms out to take him back and he leaned away from me. Wow! So that's what it feels like! I love that he loves his dad. Now only if they could love each other in the middle of the night, and leave me out of it completely...

We sure adore this little boy, this little towhead.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry, I had a typo in my first response. :)

But what a cute kid. And I was just realizing that we're going to have lots of boy cousins. Jessica and Emma will have to band together at reunions while the boys throw mud and worms.

Michael

Teri T said...

I had to comment on your blog after you were so nice about my maiden blog! Amen to everything you said--especially when our kids love their daddies. San read to the girls while I was in Virginia and continued for a few nights after I got back; it's so relaxing to have someone else fill our kids buckets.

House of Tong said...

Hard to recognize him without being attached to you!! kidkid He's so adorable!!

Rachel said...

He really is adorable! Seriously. He's such a cute baby. I can understand why so many people stop you.

The Brown Family said...

Sooo adorable!!

Kristina and Tyson said...

Oh my goodness...can I have him?!!!! He is such a handsome boy~ I want to know him more!!! Miss you guys! Can't believe he is already 8 months old! He is the youngest cousin right now! Wow! Love him!

hales said...

Tanner -- I miss you, little buddy! We need to play.

Marné said...

I'm with all the people at the grocery store - he is one darling boy!

jonna said...

these pictures are absolutely adorable - cuz HE is absolutely adorable! changing the kitchen pics soon? ;-) there really is something extra magnetic about him. glad you have taken the time to give it all to him. you can't ever get those days back. i did the same with rochelle and cole. wish i hadn't put so much pressure on myself with jenni and brittany to be doing 'stuff'. well, we adore every little thing about little tanner!

Jen said...

Such cute pictures and a cute kid too!

Dad said...

But is he smart?

Yes, he is. Very.

Candice said...

He is definelty growing up and becoming a little boy! I can only imagine the comments you get there in Fremont....towheads are definetly not common!

Me said...

Happy inside-out, Tanner! :)

The Reichmans said...

He really is darling! I wouldn't mind staring at his face all day long:)

Sierra Parke said...

The grocery clerk and bagger are right...he is darling! He looks so handsome in that cute outfit too!

Melanie said...

Awwww-- he IS sooooo cute!! How did you ever get him to sit still AND look at the camera though?? I could never get Austin to do that---too darn squirmy. I think it's Tanner's eyes-- they remind me of Emma's. So big and beautiful. can't wait to see him and you tomorrow!!!!

Carly said...

Okay, that first picture is my new favorite of him. EVER! I want a copy of it. :)

Matt and Christen said...

Tanner is adorable. You took amazing pictures of him too! What a doll. I am so happy for you and Spencer. LOVE reading your blog too.

Natalie N said...

What a BEAUTY!!! I need to squeeze this kid in person already! :)

Misty said...

So so so cute!