Sunday, August 15, 2010

1 month

It's been a fun/stressful/busy month around here.

It's hard to go from having a 6 and 5 year old to throwing a newborn in the mix. The kids are so patient when I tell them they have to wait for things because I'm "feeding the baby." I had forgotten that it can take an hour to feed a newborn.
Photobucket

We traveled to LA for my only sister's wedding (3 weeks post-partum). I cried through the whole thing (and my head cold didn't help). All the wedding events were wonderful. So happy for them.

Spencer has worked more during this time period than ever before. It makes me wonder if we'll ever be able to use his 2 weeks of paid paternity leave...maybe someday things will slow down.

Speaking of Spencer...he has a new calling. So in addition to being alone on weekday evenings with the kids right now, I'm also alone on Sundays. Blessings, right?

Tanner has taken after his older siblings: not great nappers but pretty good night sleepers. I definitely prefer that, but sometimes during the day I wonder if it's worth it. (Don't let the yawn fool you.)
Photobucket

I start to feel great, then do "too much" (which is really nothing at all) and pay for it the next day. Incision is still sore.

Tanner has smiled at me - a real smile - 3 times now.

And, I finally got some newborn pictures of him. It took me until he was 4 weeks old but at least it's something.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

14 comments:

Amy said...

He is adorable!! I'm so happy for you!

Rachel said...

Those newborn pictures are ADORABLE--great job! And, hopefully Spencer's work slows down here soon!

Mikaela said...

Congrats! He is beautiful!!!

Misty said...

love the pictures. i hope he starts to sleep for you during the day a little bit, too! =) What a sweet boy!

hales said...

He's already growing up too fast!

Gary and Michelle said...

What a great little guy. Take all the time you want cuddling with him. You blink your eyes and he'll be five.

The Howard Bolton Family said...

Beautiful pictures, Cheri!
What is Spencer's new calling?
I had a couple of children that were spaced five years apart. It was so nice to be able to say, "Can you go get a book to read to me?" or "Can you go play with your toys for a little while while I feed the baby?" Most of the time the other children would be more than happy to let me take care of the baby. You are blessed with wonderful children.

The Rich Family said...

I wish you could take some newborn pictures for me...you do such a great job...Tanner is so stinkin' cute...Those Sundays alone----so sorry...but blessings for sure!!!

Carly said...

I love all the pictures! Too cute. I miss the little guy. So glad you all got to come down, even though I'm sure it didn't help with the exhaustion! :)

Natalie N said...

Oh my word! Your Tanner is just BEAUTIFUL!! I loved seeing all these pictures. What a little sweetheart. I can't believe he's already a month old. How did that happen?!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Darling!! And he looks like big brother too--how fun!

Kristina and Tyson said...

Beautiful little boy!! I love the headshots of your three kiddos!

Lisa R.D. said...

I'm so late in commenting, but I just wanted to tell you how thrilled I am for you... the photos of Tanner (and Emma and Tyler) are just darling. It sounds like you guys have a lot on your plate... but as always you handle it with grace. Hope things are well at your house!

Janene said...

I love these pictures! Those eyes .. in the black and white one ... remind me of Ben. How many hours drive is it to come meet him? :o)