Sunday, May 23, 2010

girl time

So, what did our kids do while we were gone for 11 days? They had fun! Two different friends took turns watching them, and my mom came up to watch them too.


If you ask Tyler what they did with Grandma, he will say they went to the park and went to McDonald's. If you ask Emma, she will say that Grandma "bought a ton of leopard print!" I guess I didn't realize just how much leopard print would be incorporated into our Girl's Weekend a few days after I got home.

We got back from Europe on Monday afternoon. On Thursday I was on an airplane to my mom's. My mom does this "Girl's Weekend" every year with a couple of her sisters. My sister and I joined them this year. (Spencer tells me I'm spoiled - Europe one week, the beach the next....). I was glad I got to make it this one time because it's not likely that Carly or I will be able to make it next year.



Anyway, my two aunts, Carly, and I all arrived within 15 minutes of each other. My mom picked us up, showed us how basically everything in the house was leopard print (candles! tissue boxes! flip flops! you name it!) and we were off for pedicures. Seriously, I have only had FOUR pedicures in my entire life, all within the last 2 years. It was really nice, especially with swollen legs from the flight.


We ate dinner at a yummy Thai place and my dad was even brave enough to join us 5 girls at the restaurant. The next day consisted of the beach, shopping, and the Cheesecake Factory (be still my heart).

The last day was the Revlon Run/Walk for Women. They volunteer at this race every year at the VIP booth. This year Carrie Ann Inaba, James Denton, Chaka Khan and a few other people showed up as the celebrities/performers. As it was Mormon Helping Hands day, this was one of the options for people who wanted to volunteer. We had a lot of fun but I was ready to pass out from not having slept much the night before. Man, the pampered lifestyle can be so exhausting!


We all flew out that afternoon, arriving home in time for Mother's Day. The card I got for Mother's Day made me laugh: "I was going to send you on an exotic cruise for Mother's Day....but I knew you'd miss me too much." Spencer added: "AND you just went to Europe AND on a trip to the beach!" I know, I'm spoiled. And I have all the leopard souvenirs to prove it. Emma's gotten used to rolling her eyes whenever she sees anything leopard, even the blue leopard print tissues my mom sent back for her...

6 comments:

Carly said...

I never knew leopard print could be so much fun! Best weekend ever! :-)

kels said...

haha! I snorted so loud when I saw that picture of all the leopard. Love your mom!!!

Rachel said...

So fun! I'm glad you've gotten to go on so many trips before the baby comes. You deserve to be pampered! Being a mom is HARD work.

Natalie N said...

Dang girl, you are a party-animal! Looks like you had a wonderful ladies weekend; what a fun thing to look forward to. You look way too cute in that white t-shirt by the way. :)

Misty said...

sounds like fun. that's pretty funny that Spencer added that to your card!

GHFamily said...

How fun! How come I never know about these weekends?