Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy's

This is my 100th post! I didn't realize that when I sat down to post, but it's a fun fact I guess. It only took me a year and a half to get here! Happy 100!

This week, Spencer and I will have been married for 6 years. Wow, 6 years and 3 kids - happy anniversary to us! And - aren't we so lucky - every 4 or 5 years the BYU/Utah game ends up being on the same day as our anniversary (that was sarcasm). There is a reason why we got married on a Friday instead of the Saturday - the big game was that Saturday and Spencer's granddad told us he couldn't marry us that day. Then again, a lot of our guests would probably have ditched the wedding for the game anyway. So...once again we get to celebrate our anniversary watching the big game. I'm nervous this year and I sure hope BYU lets us have an enjoyable anniversary by giving me a happy husband! :)

We also had a happy weekend. Well, it was sad saying bye to my mom. She had to go back home because I'm sure my dad needed her too...it can't be ALL about me, right? BUT, I couldn't wait any longer and we put up all our Christmas decorations! There is one benefit to getting a fake tree - we could have it up all year if we wanted. We got everything up and even turned on all the Christmas music. Holding off until November 15th was quite a big deal for me (we usually pull red and green out around the 10th). We have the tradition of getting (at least) one new ornament every year. Our family ornament this year is of the Golden Gate Bridge. Here are the kids' ornaments, Macie's included. Also, we got Macie a little tree and will take it to the cemetery sometime in the next two weeks:


Today, one of our friends from church called and invited us over to the piece of land he takes care of. It's across the street - literally - and I never knew what was there. He has 11 chickens and told the kids to gather some eggs. It was really fun for them. They chased and scared the chickens for a while, but one chicken even let them hold him! It was one of those fun, random Sunday afternoon activities with lots of cute pictures. We topped it off with a visit to our favorite baby girl at the cemetery and Spencer's chocolate chip cookies - what could be better?


This is my first week being back on my own. Ahh! I will need to think happy thoughts all week long to get me through! And, cross your fingers for BYU! :)

11 comments:

Jen said...

Isn't it funny how life can revolve around football? Especially when you live outside of Utah and still everyone in your ward lives for the Utah/ BYU game. Happy Anniversary!

siovhan said...

We left Thanksgiving weekend last year, in Idaho, to make it back in time for the game. Oh the Holy War. I hope you have a happy hubby.

Happy 100th post!

And I agree with your comment on my blog. We should get my mom to come visit us both! She could come hang with you and I could drive down (it's only a couple hours) and we could explore SF together! I think we should try to coerce her into it. :)

Rachel said...

I love that you put up your Christmas decorations already! I love Christmas and if I had it my way, all of ours would be up too. :)

Good luck this week. I'm sure at times it will be hard, but I know you and I know you will do great.

Jana said...

Was that my dad that took you guys over to see the chickens? He's so funny.

Happy anniversary! And tell tyler I missed him in nursery!

Janalee said...

oh that is hilarious! and I thought McKay was the biggest fan I knew! Happy Anniversary and I'm proud of you for thinking of the "happy's" in your life. You're such a great example to me!

hales said...

Yup -- we have a LOT going on this Saturday and the game is just one of the many. But lets face it, it's getting top billing with Dad and Adam. We even have some people in the stake coming over because they don't have the mtn channel.
Happy Anniversary. That was a fun day 6 years ago.

Gary and Michelle said...

Those are great ornaments. We bought a mini red Corvette ornament for Jared's first Christmas. (Gary picked it out) Every year it is the first ornament put on the top of the tree.

My kids have been out on track break since Nov. 4th and they don't go back until Dec. 1st. We've been having fun but it sure makes for a long month. If you need anything (long distance) this week just give me a call. If I'm not home my cell phone is on that list your mom does every year.

And Happy Anniversary! We feel blessed that we got to be there at the temple with you guys. Can't believe it's been six years. Love ya.

Janene said...

those pictures really are so cute. The lighting looks just perfect!

I need to find a sitter for Saturday's game, because for this one I REALLY don't want to take my kids. Our seats are right in the middle of some pretty vocal fans. :o)

Natalie N said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! I still remember your reception and how beautiful you two looked. Congrats on 6 wonderful years!

It sounds like you are doing well. Nothing like Christmas decorations to bring in the Spirit of Christmas. Loved your ornaments for your three kids. And the mini tree is adorable. How sweet!

We'll cross our fingers for the cougs this weekend. Have a fun watching the game for your anniversary celebration!

Anonymous said...

In celebration of you 100th post and looked at your very first posts. (Which I'd never seen) So cute!!! I can't believe how fast those kids are growing up!

Jamie said...

Wow, only married 6 years. I would have thought it was longer than that for some reason. I guess you act like an old married couple, no just kidding.

Lovely to be celebrating another anniversary on the big BYU/UTAH game.

How fun to be around chickens. Its amazing the kids are actually holding the chickens. I've never actually seen chickens nice enough to hold. It seems they're always trying to peck the kids.