Monday, June 23, 2008

It Feels Like the First Time

Some things never get old. Riding a rollercoaster brings the same thrill the 10th time as it did the 1st. Eating a piece of Key Lime Cheesecake Factory cheesecake still brings a grin to my insides. Hearing a child FINALLY say "mommy" for the first time warms my heart no matter how many times his older sister said it (much earlier, mind you).

One other thing that never gets old is watching and feeling a tiny baby wiggle around inside of you! It's magical, and exciting, and feels like you're doing it for the very first time all over again. I remember my very first doctor appointment with Emma...I was 16 weeks along and we not only heard her heartbeat, but also got to have THE ultrasound and find out we were having a girl! We were thrilled (and I was SO glad I dragged Spencer to that one very important appointment!) and I remember calling almost everyone I knew - because I wanted to shout it to the world. Tyler's ultrasound (again at 16 weeks) was just as exciting and we were ecstatic to be having a little boy, and again I wanted to tell everyone I saw.

So...this is me shouting it to the world. Again.



This is the "alien" shot of her face. Creepy, but still so fun to see!
*the ultrasound was this morning. we saw the baby's lips and even the tongue (the tech said she was drinking - gross, but cute too). and in true form, her legs were crossed most of the time. i guess i have another emma on my hands.

*everything with the baby looks wonderful. There was a little scare with possible placenta previa but now everything appears to be perfect! a big relief.

*i am due in november. spencer needed someone else to share a birth month with him.

* i was hoping it was a girl only so that i wouldn't have to be the bearer of "bad" news (of a boy) to emma. phew! she's been calling her a girl for weeks and wouldn't accept the alternative as a possibility.

*luckily, tyler doesn't seem to have a preference. yet.

*i am terrified of having 3 kids at home all day. wish me luck!

And here is my other darling daughter, and her reaction to the news of a girl.

20 comments:

hales said...

Yay!!!!!!! Let the shopping begin. (Dad says "We're a little uneven. Too much shoes, bags, nail polish and lipgloss going on here.") As if!

Melanie said...

Congratulations!! I would love to have another girl. They are just s much fun to dress up. I can't wait to find out what I'm having. Now you can start the planning and shopping. I will miss you while you're in Utah. Have fun on your trip!!

Kristina and Tyson said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations guys! I am so excited that ALissa will have a girl cousin her age... i knew that you guys were expecting :) Well at least I was hoping for it! Congrats and yay again!!!

Ryan said...

Congrats!!

Carly said...

YAY! I am so excited! And I LOVE how you put a bow on her head in the picture - too cute!! I can't wait until November. :)

Jamie said...

So I must have missed the other post that said you were expecting. Congratulations. I guess you have about 5 months to start and finish that potty training.

Cheri said...

Jamie: This IS my post that I'm expecting.:)

Kim said...

YAY!!!! That's so exciting! Babies are so wonderful. I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations!!!

Natalie N said...

WOO-HOO CHERI & SPENCER!!! Congrats, congrats from us too. I was a little suspicious back when you were sick for those many weeks. Only because usually people just take some drugs and clear up their sicknesses, but pregnant ladies don't take drugs and they stay sicker than most. So I suspected a possible pregnancy... but I brushed it aside when there was no announcement.

Anyway, this is the best news of the day. I'm so so so excited for you. 3 kids is WONDERFUL, and I know you'll do great. I can't wait to meet this little gal! We'll pray that the summer stays cool (wasn't last weekend gross?!?!) so you can have a comfortable pregnancy.

Kim Walker said...

Congratulations Spencer and Cheri! We're excited for you guys. We just had our third last week and I was really worried about having 3 kids. So far it has been SOOOO much easier than having the second but it's only been 6 days, so we'll see how it goes. Girls are great, especially having 2 of them. Good luck and congrats again!
Love,
the Walkers

Mark and Kim said...

Hooray!! Congrats! Girls are great. Let me know when you're in town and let's get together!

Lisa R.D. said...

Congratulations! It's a good thing there was a reason for all that sickness a few months ago. I'm glad your little girl is healthy and that your other little girl is happy. You'll do great with three!

Stefanie said...

Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting. I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly and you have a healthy beautiful baby girl at the end.

Jordan said...

Oh my heavens! You're driving me crazy. I cannot WAIT to be married and start having kids. Babies, in particular. Well, I guess I CAN wait, but single gets boring after so long. Also, the total lack of children in my life is kind of a downer, too.

But I am SO very excited for you two. You guys are awesome, and your kids are unbelievably lucky to have you as parents.

Nau Willis said...

oh Im so happy for you! congrats!!!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

So we're a little slow to get the news, but congrats! J.R. says her first line up date can be with our little guy (Spencer will love that I'm sure). I hope you're feeling well.

Jennifer Gerritsen said...

I also have wondered if you were expecting when you wrote you had been sick! I'm not expecting again and anytime I say that I have felt sick, people always wonder if I am pregnant! Congratulations!

Misty said...

congratulations!!!

heidi said...

congrats! That is so exciting!!!

little mrs w said...

ahhh how exciting! :D I love this.