Friday, September 21, 2007

Emma the Storyteller

At night when Emma is going to bed, she asks, without fail, for me to tell her all the Princess stories. It's my own fault - I bought her these cute wall plaques with Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, and Sleeping Beauty, and she can see them from her bed. Tonight she asked for a story but I told her no (I'm tired and Spencer is out of town!). She asked if she could tell ME some stories. Of course I was wide open to that idea. So...for about 15 minutes she proceeded to regurgitate every single detail I've ever told her in my stories for the last year two years! It was amazing and also hilarious at the same time. I heard lots of "He (or she) was a naughty guy (or girl)," and "the Prince came and rescued her," and "They got married in the temple and lived happily ever after." I love having a girl! And I love that girl. Tyler just wants to hear the "Cars" story, complete with the "Life is a Highway" song and everything. Hmmm, I'd rather stick to fairy tales where everyone gets married in the temple and lives happily ever after, even if we have to eliminate a few "naughty guys" in the process.

1 comment:

Laura H. said...

I am SO excited about that part! It's so fun to see how their minds are working.